Phenolic Faced Plywood 1/2" (12 mm) x 24" x 48"
Phenolic-Faced Plywood is composed of birch plies sandwiched between a top and bottom layer of phenolic-impregnated birch plywood. Phenolic-Faced Plywood can be machined with standard woodworking tools and has great screw-holding capabilities. It is dimensionally stable. It is the only...
- Glued together with a waterproof phenol resin adhesive (exterior glue)
- Protective surface
- Attractive Brown color (color may vary)
- Thickness: 1/2" (12 mm)
- Width: 24"
- Length: 48"
- 1/2" Phenolic-Faced Plywood has 9 plies
- Sheets are 24" x 48", +/- 1/4"
- (1) Phenolic-Faced Plywood 1/2" (12 mm) x 24" x 48"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Quality Product but a bit pricey
The product was exactly what I was looking for. Very useful around the shop for all those jigs we need!
Do you make jigs?
Makes great jigs and bases for jigs and tools. Great for bench tops and work surfaces where moisture may be present. Wears well in these situations. I mostly use 3/4 but 1/2 inch is good where weight is a factor. [...]
Beautiful Jig Material
This Phenolic topped Plywood is straight,flat, and beautiful. Easy to work with and easy to admire when you are done making any type of router or tablesaw jigs.Works well as a glue up table top. Easy to route in t-track also
Great product, [...]
This is a very good product and is exactly what I hoped it would be. [...]
I used this enhanced version of Baltic birch ply to make my tablesaw sled, hoping to minimize friction with the tablesaw top. It's expensive, but it worked well. Some care must be taken when drilling holes to avoid tearing the phenolic facing.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 159761