Padauk - 7/8" x 4" x 36" S2S
Save 50% - While Supplies Last!
African Padauk (Pterocarpus soyauxii) is native to central and tropical West Africa. The color of this medium to hard wood can vary, ranging from a pale pinkish-orange to a deep brownish-red. Most pieces start reddish-orange when freshly cut, darkening substantially over time to a...
Padauk is easy to work, though it does have a moderate blunting effect on cutters. Tear-out may also occur during planing on quartersawn or interlocked grain. Padauk turns, glues, and finishes well. Some common uses for Padauk include veneer, flooring, turned objects, musical instruments, furniture, tool handles, and other small specialty wood objects.
S2S (surfaced on two sides) lumber is cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock. 100% clear and planed on both sides. Edges are rough and will need to be milled.
- Strong, dimensionally stable hardwood
- Unique reddish orange color
- Easy to work
- Accepts glues and finishes well
- Thickness: 7/8"
- Width: 4"
- Length: 36"
- Surfacing: S2S, planed on both sides, rough edges
- (1) Padauk - 7/8" x 4" x 36" – S2S Dimensional Lumber
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Thin Stock. The thin stock is cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
Three beautiful boards
Beautiful grained wood arrived ready to joint edges and start my next project. I have been happy with all previous purchases with the exception of my last order of Purple Heart which had very inconsistent color among the boards.
Very nice pieces, arrived in perfect shape.
I picked up three of these for use in laminated, neck-through-body guitar necks. 4"x36" is a perfect size for that application, but I have also purchased some of the 6"x48" Padauk pieces for furniture. These smaller pieces are all in great shape, no noticeable flaws or warping. Would definitely buy another set.