Woodcraft Woodshop - Olivewood, Roman 2" x 6" x 6" Dimensioned Lumber
Ships for Free
Roman Olivewood (Olea spp.), these hand selected pieces from the outskirts of Rome are premium examples of Olivewood. Olivewood is dense, oily and beautiful golden brown lumber with brown and black...
Item 166606Model OLVRMN244
Item 160080Model PAR OWR013.6
Item 180148Model OWR011
Item 153847Model PAR OWB013.6
Item 838041Model Olivewood 1.5x1.5x6
Item 179296Model MacEbony 2x2x6
Item 826213Model Olivewood 1.5x1.5x3
Item 153845Model Olivewood Beth 1.5x6
Roman Olivewood (Olea spp.), these hand selected pieces from the outskirts of Rome are premium examples of Olivewood. Olivewood is dense, oily and beautiful golden brown lumber with brown and black streaks running through it. These trees are typically harvested only after they are unable to produce olives.
- Hard, heavy and fine textured
- Turns and polishes beautifully
- Common uses for Olivewood include bowls, platters, carvings, bottle stoppers, chess pieces, tool handles, table legs, spindles, finials, candlesticks, handles, and pen blanks
- Quality, kiln-dried stock
- Native to Italy
- Thickness: 2”
- Width: 2”
- Length: 6”
- (1) Roman Olivewood 2" x 6" x 6" Dimensioned Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.