This small footprint, flexible capacity midi-lathe from Nova features solid cast iron construction, digital readout and 14” swing capacity making ideal for a beginner’s first lathe or secondary lathe for experienced turners.
The 2-stop electronic variable speed ranges let you quickly dial in to the correct speed for the job. Low range of 250 – 1100 RPM for larger spindle and bowl work or fast range from 750 – 3450 RPM for miniature turnings. The easy-to-read screen lets you adjust speed anywhere within the two ranges for any project from pens to larger bowls and platters. Forward and Reverse directions can be set for additional flexibility and a superior finish.
The Belt/Pulley system is easy to access and adjust from the front of the machine. The solid cast iron construction is specially designed to absorb vibration through the bed length. It is precision machined for superior fit and finish.
Compatible with Nova chucks, jaws, faceplates, and centers, all sold separately. Place the Nova Comet 14 DR Midi Lathe on a bench top or the Nova Comet Stand (sold separately, item #861752).
Includes Comet 14 DR Midi Lathe, 3” face plate, Nova Modular tool rest, Nova 2MT live center, Nova 2MT spur center, knock out bar, manual and fastenings.Features
- Electronic variable speed ranges – low and fast – for customized turning
- Digital speed readout
- Front access belt/pulley system for easy adjustment
- Motor: 1HP, 120V, Single Phase, 60Hz
- Drive Type: Belt
- Spindle Speeds: Electronic Variable
- Spindle Speed Range: 250 – 3450 RPM
- Spindle Thread: 1” x 8 TPI
- Swing Over Bed: 14” (355mm)
- Distance Between Centers: 18-1/2” (469mm)
- Power Cord Length: 6’
- Warranty: 2 year on parts/components, 1 year or motor/electronics
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Within 30 days of delivery of a shipment, you may return any Teknatool product for a full refund of the product's purchase price minus a 10% restocking fee. Teknatool may also refund the shipping cost if the return is resulting from Teknatool's error. They cannot accept returns on items returned more than 30 days after delivery (unless, of course, the item has a manufacturer's defect in which case it would be covered by that product's specific warranty). Items must be in their original condition to qualify for any kind of refund.
Most Teknatool products are covered by their full replacement 2-year limited warranty. However, different products have different exclusions. Consult your manual for warranty information on your specific product or email Teknatool directly at email@example.com.