New England Comb Back Arm Chair Kit
Build your very own heirloom and add some luxury to your dining area with this New England Comb Back Arm Chair Kit. The New England Comb Back originated around 1790 and features a 9 spindle fanned back with large hand-carved knuckles, shield seat, and a carved comb. Intermediate...
Build your very own heirloom and add some luxury to your dining area with this New England Comb Back Arm Chair Kit. The New England Comb Back originated around 1790 and features a 9 spindle fanned back with large hand-carved knuckles, shield seat, and a carved comb. Intermediate woodworkers will be able to complete this kit successfully with the meticulously prepared parts and pre-bored holes that make up this kit. It takes about 10 hours to complete. The hard maple spindles have been turned and pre-sanded. The poplar seat has been cut to shape and holes pre-bored at the proper angles, requiring only final shaping and sanding. The red oak bows have been steam-bent to the perfect shape, as well. This is a fantastic project for learning how to build a chair.
- Fantastic project for learning how to build a chair
- Museum-quality reproductions
- Parts have been meticulously prepared and the holes pre-bored
- Kit takes about 10 hours to assemble
- Wood Species - Spindles: Hard Maple
- Wood Species - Seat: Poplar
- Wood Species - Bows: Red Oak
- Height (Assembled): 43”
- Depth (Assembled): 17-1/4"
- Seat Width (Assembled): 22”
- Seat Height (Assembled): 18"
- (1) New England Comb Back Arm Chair Kit
- These chair kits are custom made to order.
- Chair is shown finished as a sample, chair will be unfinished when received. Kit will require assembly and finishing.
- Tools needed to complete the kit include: orbital sander, hammer / mallet, drill, and a few chisels.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 14 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Built six New England style windsor chairs from these kits to go with 18th century cupboard and dining table I'd built earlier. The quality of the materials is excellent. I had never built a chair and had some apprehension, not to worry. Kits are very well designed and machining on components is very well done. It takes a little time but they go together so well that the end result looks like you've been building them for years. Great Product.