Moxon Vise Hardware Kit
The double screw vise has been around for centuries. Commonly referred to as a “Moxon Vise,” it is named after Joseph Moxon, who described the double screw vise in his book titled Mechanick Exercises. The WoodRiver® Moxon Vise Hardware Kit is a great way to make one of these extremely...
- Hardware kit for making your own custom Moxon Vise
- Create a bench-top auxiliary vise designed to bring your workpiece to a comfortable height
- Great for cutting dovetails or mortise and tenon joinery
- Acme threaded screws allow for rapid opening and closing of the vise
- (2) 5" hand wheels
- (2) 3/4" x 8" Acme threaded screws
- (4) Acme threaded nuts
- (4) Washers
- (1) Instructions
- Hardware Kit only. Hardwood jaw blanks are not included.
Instructions / MSDS
Looks good, But?
This unit looks really good. I started cutting holes, got all holes cut. But, when I went to install the 3/4:" treaded rod, It would not go in. My holes where cut exactly to .750". However, the treaded Rod is .760". The rod will not go thru the hole. Now, I have to figure out how to enlarge the hole. Lesson learned, Measure "Everything". Don't assume. It is disappointing to have put in a lot of measuring, and time and not have it go together.