Black Mesquite - 3/4" x 3" x 24"
SOLD OUT ONLINE! CALL OR STOP BY YOUR LOCAL STORE FOR AVAILABILITY.
Black Mesquite (Prosopis nigra) is a heavy hardwood that ranges from rich brown to chocolate with purple overtones in color with a grain structure resembling mahogany. Mesquite's hardness, figure and interlocking grain may pose a challenge for chisels and planes, although the wood...
- Rich brown to chocolate with purple overtones
- Grain structure resembles mahogany
- Glues, turns, and finishes well
- Native to Argentina, South America
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Black Mesquite - 3/4" x 3" x 24" Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.