Workholding System Starter Kit
This is the perfect launch into the Magswitch® Workholding System; all the other great tool attachments simply mount to the base as needed. Features core advantages of Magswitch, including fast, strong setup anywhere on a steel table or cast iron fence.Features:Starter Kit is the...
This is the perfect launch into the Magswitch® Workholding System; all the other great tool attachments simply mount to the base as needed. Features core advantages of Magswitch, including fast, strong setup anywhere on a steel table or cast iron fence.
- Starter Kit is the practical way to get started in the Magswitch Workholding System
- Accommodates Vertical Featherboard Attachment for an added dimension of safety
- Featherboard is reversible for left-hand and right-hand feeds
- Position never limited by location of tool’s miter slot
- Low profile design for use on your smallest tables
- (1) Universal Base that is compatible with a variety of Magswitch products
- (1) Reversible Featherboard for left and right stock feeds
- (2) MagJig 150s for a magnetic grip that keeps the base firmly in place
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Rob’s Cabinet Shop
Occasionally I receive referral blog ideas from my fellow co-workers. This one is from Kim Scott, our Retail Inventory Assistant, here at Woodcraft. Many thanks to Kim for her input and helping with content structure!
Installing a Bench Vise
Give your workbench the holding power it deserves.
I went into the store intending to buy a standard featherboard when my old one broke. I did that but also took a chance on the Magswitch kit that was on sale that month, even though I was skeptical about the holding power of the magnets. I'm very glad I bought it; the magnets hold very well and make it easy to adjust the featherboard to the width of each piece. I also like the vertical featherboard that came with the kit; it adds an element of precision and safety to my cuts by holding the work securely down on the sawtable. The standard featherboard spends most of its time on a shelf rather than on my saw.
I'd buy it again
very useful in ways I hadn't even thought of
Build-It System 1/4-20 Knob KitItem 148123
MagJig 60 Switchable Magnet For Jigs and FixturesItem 161961
MATCHFIT Female Hardware - 4 PackItem 168688
Threaded Miter Track Nut - 1/4" x 20 - 10 PieceItem 163892
Miter Slot Expansion Hardware Kit - 2 PieceItem 172007