Woodcraft Woodshop - Lignum Vitae (Bulnesia sarmientoi) 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 18" Wood Turning Stock
Save 50% Now Through June 30, 2021
Item 845473Model Guayacan 1.5x3
Item 838065Model 838065
Item 158746Model Lignum Vitae 2x2x12
Item 838067Model 838067
Item 158743Model Lignum Vitae PB 5p
Item 158744Model Lignum Vitae 1.5x12
Item 167562Model LigVitae.75424
Item 841807Model Osage Org 1.5x1.5x18
Item 166409Model FMS18
Item 160862Model Oak Red 2.5x2.5x8
- Suitable for outdoor use and resistant to insect attack
- Known to be one of the hardest and heaviest woods
- Turns and shapes well
- Takes a high polish
- Dimensions: 1.5" x 1.5" x 18"
- Lignum Vitae is a product of Central America and northern South America
- Applications: Tool handles, mallet heads, bearings, bushings, pulley wheels, and turned objects
- Working Characteristics: With sharp tools and patience, it turns well. Aside from turning, however, it is very difficult to work. High resin content makes it difficult to glue.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Thin Stock. The thin stock is cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks. Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of size listed.