Super 18" Dovetail Jig
Super jigs offer extraordinary joint making capability at exceptional price points. No other jigs equal the versatility and precision of Leigh® super jigs. Variably spaced through and half-blind dovetails are standard on all super jigs. Infinitely adjustable one-piece fingers are...
Items You May Need
Super jigs offer extraordinary joint making capability at exceptional price points. No other jigs equal the versatility and precision of Leigh® super jigs. Variably spaced through and half-blind dovetails are standard on all super jigs. Infinitely adjustable one-piece fingers are easily positioned for any joint pattern, guaranteeing a half pin at each edge of the joint, regardless of board width. The cross-cut fence fits on the dovetail finger assembly to become a sliding dovetail template. Rout half-blind pin boards and tail boards at the same time using the included two-function spacer to offset the tail board and rout complete joints in one pass with the super jigs, you're not limited to one bit and one depth of cut.
Just select any of the five half-blind bits available and rout half-blind joints in the depth that best suits your project. The finger assembly can also produce two sizes of box joints, 5/16" and 5/8". The amazing joint making capability of super jigs is due in part to the revolutionary new Leigh E-bush. Very precise adjustments for fit are made easily with the E-bush. Settings are changed using the included pin wrench and the uniquely shaped locking nut makes tightening the E-bush a snap. Markings clearly indicate the adjustment direction necessary for the desired change. A simple twist of the E-bush changes its active diameter which in turn changes the fit of finger joints and half-blind dovetails. Easy to use cam action clamps and aluminum clamp bars hold the work piece securely against non-slip material applied to each clamping surface.
- Super 18" dovetail jig
- Infinitely adjustable one-piece fingers are easily positioned for any joint pattern
- Fine-tune the fit of the fingers with Leigh's E-Bush template guide that adjusts in increments of .002"
- Cross-cut fence fits on the dovetail finger assembly to become a sliding dovetail template
- Rout half-blind pin boards and tail boards at the same time
- Finger assembly can produce two sizes of box joints, 5/16" and 5/8"
- Easy to use cam action clamps and aluminum clamp bars hold the work piece securely
- Non-slip material on every clamping surface
- Includes 3 router bits
- Made in Canada
- Jig Size/Capacity: Accepts boards up to 18"
- Maximum Board Thickness - Half-Blind Dovetails: 1″
- Maximum Board Thickness - Through Dovetails: 13/16"
- Router Bit Shank Size: 8 mm
- (1) Jig main body
- (1) 1/2" 8° dovetail bit
- (1) 1/2" 14° dovetail bit
- (1) 5/16" straight bit
- (1) 1/2" to 8mm collet reducer
- (1) Leigh E Bush, Nut and Pin Wrench
- (1) Sliding dovetail fence
- (1) Half-blind bridge piece material
- (1) Square drive screwdriver (finger adjustment)
- (4) Cam action speed clamps
- (1) Spacer
- (1) Fully illustrated user guide
Works like you hoped it would.
Love this dovetail jig. I have tried the Harbor freight when I started, then to the Rockler, and all I really got was frustrated. Very easy to set up. Maintains settings well. Cast fingers and steel bar make for very reliable cuts. I made good dovetails in 30 minutes after opening. Highly Recommend, Mark J, Seattle
expensive for what you get
The Leigh Super 18 is my first dovetail jig. I bought the Leigh because I could not justify paying the additional cost of the PC Omnijig. The instructions for assembly and use were very useful, comprehensive and well written. The jig itself is a precision tool and performs accurately. My only real disappointment was I could not believe how little the package weighed and ultimately how little there was to this item for the several hundred dollars it cost. There is also a feeling of fragility with this tool. I guess the moral of the story is you are paying for the convenience of the task the tool accomplishes as opposed to the sum of its components.
LEIGH SUPER 18" DOVETAIL JIG LOVE IT
I HAVE USED DOVETAIL JIGS BEFORE AND THE LEIGH SUPER JIG IS BY FAR MUCH BETTER I MAKE CABINETS AND ALSO MAKE SMALL BOXES I LIKE THE SETUP AND THE WONDERFULL MANUAL AND DVD. THE DUST COLLECTER IS SO GOOD I CAN USE IT IN THE BASSMENT. ALL I CAN SAY IT IS A GREAT JIG
Leigh Super 18" Dovetail jig is Super
This is the second Leigh jig that I have owned and the first one was great, so I decided to get a new one and I was not dissapointed...
It is a great jig.
What can I say? This is great. Directions are superb. I would recommend this to everyone needing a dovetail jig. Great flexibility in dovetail design.
Great jig for several applications
Great jig for cutting dovetails. Directions are clear and easy to follow.