14" x 40" Variable Speed Lathe with Legs - 1 HP 1 Ph 115/230V - JWL-1440VSK
Save 15% Plus Free Shipping - November 18 - December 4 ONLY!
Do you want a lathe that's as versatile as your turning? The Jet® JWL-1440VS Benchtop Lathe features heavy-duty cast-iron construction that provides stability and support during use. A 1 HP motor delivers smooth and consistent performance, making it ideal for small and large projects....
In addition to its power and precision, the Jet 1440VS Lathe features user-friendly controls, a large control panel, and safety features such as an easily accessible emergency stop button and spindle lock. The 1440VS lathe is an excellent choice for woodworkers of all skill levels who demand reliability and durability from their tools. Experience the 1440VS and see how Versatility Takes Shape.
- Sliding headstock pivots 360 degrees with seven positive locking positions
- Positive locking tool rest with redesigned clamping
- Optional extension bed takes the capacity to 60 between centers
- Acme thread in the tailstock
- Improved tailstock quill locking with anti-rotation key
- Easy-to-read RPM display
- CSA Certified
- Product: Wood Lathe
- Style: Floor Standing Model
- Motor Type: TEFC (totally enclosed, fan-cooled)
- Motor Power: 1 HP
- Motor Phase: Single or 1 Ph
- Motor Amps: 11A / 5.5 A
- Motor Voltage: 115/230 V
- Prewired Voltage: 115V
- Spindle Speeds: Variable
- Speed Range: 400-3000 RPM
- Spindle Bore: 3/8"
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Spindle Thread: 1" / 8 TPI
- Swing Over Bed: 14-1/2"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 11"
- Tailstock Bore: 5/16"
- Distance Between Centers: 40"
- Headstock Movement: Sliding/Pivoting
- Headstock Rotation Positive Lock Positions: 0°, 30°, 60°, 90, 120, 180, 270°
- Number of Indexing Positions: 36
- Outboard Turning: Yes
- Quill Taper: MT2
- Quill Travel: 4-1/4"
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Assembled Machine Dimensions (L x W x H): 74" x 18" x 49"
- (1) Jet® 14" x 40" Variable Speed Lathe with Legs - 1 HP 1 Ph 115/230V - JWL-1440VSK
- (1) Spur center
- (1) Live cone center
- (1) Knockout rod
- (1) Faceplate
- (1) Faceplate wrench
- (1) Tool rest – H
- (1) Tool rest extension – K
- (4) Levelers – L
- (2) Riser blocks – M
- (1) Operating Instructions & Parts Manual
- (1) Warranty Card
- (1) Hardware Package
Jet Assurance Information:
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Woodcraft Magazine handed out over more than ten grand in prizes recently in celebration of their 10th Anniversary when the “$10,000 Blockbuster Sweepstakes” winners were announced. The contest, also sponsored by JET Tools, Easy Wood Tools and Rikon Tools, caps off 10 years of successful issues, plans and books for the magazine.
Quantity, as well as quality, counts in the annual Makerspace Contest on Instructables.com. Woodcraft, Epilog Laser, Ultimaker, Dremel, and Digi-Key Electronics donated the approximately $50,000 worth of prizes to winning teams and individuals.
Good for what it's good for
I've put about 3 months of use onto this lathe so far and for the most part am very satisfied. The lathe is smooth to operate and with the optional legs is heavy enough to handle some off-balance loads. The biggest drawback is the reeves system for adjusting speed. The adjustment knob is hard to turn and cannot be moved while the lathe is off. There have been many times where I mount a bowl blank and have to remove it again to lower the speed from my last project because I forgot. With 14" over the bed, capacity is good for all but the largest of bowls / plates. If capacity is important to you, there may be better options in this same price range.