Jet - Jet 14 x 40" Wood Lathe with Legs Model JWL-1440VSK
Ships for Free
- Learn More
Do you want a lathe that’s as versatile as your turning? The 1440 lathe from JET can be tailored to accomplish a wide range of projects. With a sliding and pivoting headstock, variable speed, and...
You May Also Like
Item 861605Model 719400
- Motor: 1 HP, 1 Ph, 11/5.5 A, 115/230 V, Prewired 115 V
- Spindle Bore (In.) : 3/8
- Spindle Speeds : Variable
- Spindle Taper : MT2
- Spindle Thread (In./TPI) : 1”/8 TPI
- Swing Over Bed (In.) : 14-1/2
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base (In.) : 11
- Tailstock Bore : 5/16
- Style (Type) : Floorstanding Model
- Bed Construction : Cast Iron
- Sliding headstock pivots 360 degrees with 7 positive locking positions at 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, and 270 degrees for maximum variability and optimal user comfort
- Variable speed from 400-3000 RPM
- Positive locking tool rest with redesigned clamping
- Optional extension bed mounts in 3 separate positions for larger outboard turning or 60 between centers
- Acme thread in tailstock
- Improved tailstock quill locking with anti-rotation key
- Easy-to-read RPM display
- CSA Certified
- Assembled Machine Dimensions (In.) : 74L x 18W x 49H
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor (In.) : 44
- Distance Between Centers (In.) : 40
- Headstock Movement : Sliding/Pivoting
- Number of Indexing Positions : 36
- Outboard Turning : Yes
- Quill Taper : MT2
- Quill Travel (In.) : 4-1/4
- Speed Range : 400-3000
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Woodcraft Magazine handed out over more than ten grand in prizes recently in celebration of their 10th Anniversary when the “$10,000 Blockbuster Sweepstakes” winners were announced. The contest, also sponsored by JET Tools, Easy Wood Tools and Rikon Tools, caps off 10 years of successful issues, plans and books for the magazine.
Quantity, as well as quality, counts in the annual Makerspace Contest on Instructables.com. Woodcraft, Epilog Laser, Ultimaker, Dremel, and Digi-Key Electronics donated the approximately $50,000 worth of prizes to winning teams and individuals.
Good for what it's good for
I've put about 3 months of use onto this lathe so far and for the most part am very satisfied. The lathe is smooth to operate and with the optional legs is heavy enough to handle some off-balance loads. The biggest drawback is the reeves system for adjusting speed. The adjustment knob is hard to turn and cannot be moved while the lathe is off. There have been many times where I mount a bowl blank and have to remove it again to lower the speed from my last project because I forgot. With 14" over the bed, capacity is good for all but the largest of bowls / plates. If capacity is important to you, there may be better options in this same price range.