14" x 40" Variable Speed Benchtop Lathe - 1 HP 1 Ph 115/230V - JWL-1440VS
Save 15% Plus Free Shipping - November 18 - December 4 ONLY!
Do you want a lathe that's as versatile as your turning? The Jet® JWL-1440VS Benchtop Lathe features heavy-duty cast-iron construction that provides stability and support during use. A 1 HP motor delivers smooth and consistent performance, making it ideal for small and large projects....
Items You May Need
In addition to its power and precision, the Jet 1440VS Lathe features user-friendly controls, a large control panel, and safety features such as an easily accessible emergency stop button and spindle lock. The 1440VS lathe is an excellent choice for woodworkers of all skill levels who demand reliability and durability from their tools. Experience the 1440VS and see how Versatility Takes Shape.
- Sliding headstock pivots 360 degrees with seven positive locking positions
- Positive locking tool rest with redesigned clamping
- Optional extension bed takes the capacity to 60 between centers
- Acme thread in the tailstock
- Improved tailstock quill locking with anti-rotation key
- Easy-to-read RPM display
- CSA Certified
- Product: Wood Lathe
- Style: Benchtop
- Motor Type: TEFC (totally enclosed, fan-cooled)
- Motor Power: 1 HP
- Motor Phase: Single or 1 Ph
- Motor Amps: 11A / 5.5 A
- Motor Voltage: 115/230 V
- Prewired Voltage: 115V
- Spindle Speeds: Variable
- Speed Range: 400-3000 RPM
- Spindle Bore: 3/8"
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Spindle Thread: 1" / 8 TPI
- Swing Over Bed: 14-1/2"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 11"
- Tailstock Bore: 5/16"
- Distance Between Centers: 40"
- Headstock Movement: Sliding/Pivoting
- Headstock Rotation Positive Lock Positions: 0°, 30°, 60°, 90, 120, 180, 270°
- Number of Indexing Positions: 36
- Outboard Turning: Yes
- Quill Taper: MT2
- Quill Travel: 4-1/4"
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Assembled Machine Dimensions (L x W x H): 74" x 18" x 18.3"
- (1) Jet® 14" x 40" Variable Speed Benchtop Lathe - 1 HP 1 Ph 115/230V - JWL-1440VS
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Great first lathe
I'm just learning to turn, and I found this lathe to be easy to set up and start using. It's heavy, but I was able to get it onto my bench by myself with little trouble. The only issue I have with this machine is that the speed adjustment knob is a little tight. Otherwise, I'm very happy.