8" Jointer - 2 HP 1 Ph 230V - Helical Cutterhead - JWJ-8HH
Save 15% Plus Free Shipping - November 18 - December 4 ONLY!
The Jet® JWJ-8HH is a top-of-the-line jointer that is perfect for handling even the toughest jointing tasks. With a powerful 2HP motor, this jointer can handle a wide range of woodworking projects. The helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts provides a superior finish and...
Items You May Need
The Jet® JWJ-8HH is a top-of-the-line jointer that is perfect for handling even the toughest jointing tasks. With a powerful 2HP motor, this jointer can handle a wide range of woodworking projects. The helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts provides a superior finish and quieter cut compared to traditional straight knives. The extra-long, heavy-duty cast iron infeed and outfeed tables feature a precision machined finish, ensuring stability and accuracy during use. Large chrome handwheels and easy-to-reach locks make it easy to adjust the tables to your desired height, while the tall, rigid fence provides added support. The two-way tilting fence with positive stops at 45 degree and 90 degree allows for bevel operations, and the fence adjustment levers are conveniently located in the center of the fence for quick access. The heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability, while the dual position magnetic controls provide long life and reliability, protecting the motor from potential electrical supply issues. The built-in 4" dust chute connects to your collection system for efficient dust/chip disposal, keeping your workspace clean and safe.
Overall, the Jet JWJ-8HH is a high-quality jointer that is built to last, providing you with the precision and accuracy you need for all of your woodworking projects. And it comes with JET's industry-leading 5 year warranty. Unit is made to be hard-wired direct to 220/230V or with the correct plug (not included).
- Powerful 2 HP motor easily handles the toughest jointing tasks
- Helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and quieter cut
- Extra-long, heavy-duty cast iron infeed and outfeed tables with precision machined finish
- Large chrome handwheels and easy-to-reach locks make table adjustments less of a hassle
- Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability
- Tall, rigid fence provides added support
- Two-way tilting fence with positive stops at 45 degree and 90 degree to handle bevel operations
- Fence adjustment levers are conveniently located in the center of the fence for quick access
- Dual position magnetic controls provide long life and reliability, protecting the motor from potential electrical supply issues
- Built-in 4 dust chute connects to your collection system for efficient dust/chip disposal
- Product: Jointer
- Style: Floor Standing
- Type: Helical Head
- Motor Power: 2 HP
- Motor Phase: 1
- Motor Amps: 12A
- Motor Voltage: 230 V only, 60 Hz
- Cutting Capacity (W x D): 8" x 1/2"
- Cutterhead Speed: 5500 RPM
- Number of Knives: 36 knife inserts
- Table Surface (W x L): 9" x 72"
- Table Height from Floor: 31-1/4"
- Fence (W x L): 4-3/4" x 38-1/2"
- Knife Size (L x W x T): 0.59" x 0.59" x 0.10"
- Fence Tilt: 45ºL, 45ºR
- Positive Stops: 45ºL, 90º, 45ºR
- Dust Port - Outside Diameter: 4"
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required: 350 CFM
- Net Weight - Jointer and Stand (approx.): 379 lbs.
- (1) Jet® 8" Jointer - 2 HP 1 Ph 230V - Helical Cutterhead - JWJ-8HH
- Unit is made to be hard-wired direct 220/230V. Power Cord is not included
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Since the other review was about shipping, I had to write one that is actually about the machine. This thing is truly awesome! I was going to save a few bucks and get the 6" but after talking with many professionals I decided to 'buy once, cry once' and go for the 8" helical head. Boy and I glad I did as most of the rough sawn wood that I have purchased has been just about 7"-8" in width. That means I would have had to rip every board in half, joint it, then put glue it back if needed and I really didn't want that hassle. The unit came in 2 crates which were very heavy and you definitely need another strong person for lifting the bed onto the motor housing. Once I got it all put together, it was pretty darn co-planer out of the box. Of course I had to adjust the fence a bit to get it perfectly square, and I check it every time before use, and its still square. I do recommend having this hooked up to a dust collector with the 4" port. I initially had this hooked up to my shop vac through a cyclone, but that bucket would fill fast and it was hard to keep up with the amount of shavings, and I keep it pretty limited. A world of difference with my new Shop Fox dust collector. As for shipping, no problems at all.
Not the machine but what was shipped
Bought the 8” HH jointer last month. Came in two wooden crates marked accordingly for what was ordered only to find that the base didn’t match the assembly manual.... the motor on/off switch was incorrect. Besides that the jointer is quiet and cuts nicely. Needed minor fence and table adjustments.