22-44 Plus Drum Sander with Closed Stand
Take the hassle out of professional sanding operations with the Jet 22-44 Plus Drum Sander.Take the hassle out of professional sanding operations with the Jet 22-44 Plus Drum Sander.The exclusive...
You May Also Like
- The exclusive SandSmart-controlled, infinitely variable feed rate from 0 to 10 fpm on this 22" x 44" sander gives the ultimate sanded finish with no machine overload.
- A self-cooling, precision-machined and balanced 5" x 2" drum made of extruded aluminum means less downtime and fast removal of stock.
- 1-3/4 HP, continuous-duty motor operates at up to 1700 RPM and handles heavier loads for longer periods of time.
- A precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed feeds stock smoothly into the sander.
- No-slip power feed conveyor belt ensures consistent delivery.
- Zinc-plated steel tension rollers are mounted next to the drum.
- Adjustable drum height and downward pressure provide reduced snipe.
- 1/16" per turn height adjustment allows faster adjustments and less downtime.
- A large, easy-to-use cast iron height adjustment hand wheel allows both radical height changes and fine adjustments for extremely precise stock removal.
- Manufacturer recommends 400 to 600 CFM dust collection and a 20 Amp circuit.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
I purchased this sander because I am enrolled in woodworking classes at Palomar College in Southern California and found the school's automated sander to be extremely useful in building various projects. The Jet 22-44 was easy to put together (with a friend) and has been absolutely wonderful in both operation (quiet, smooth) and performance (finish quality). While I haven't utilized the full spectrum of it's capabilities as yet, I cannot imagine not having this tool in my shop. As in a previous review, I found the caster design to be disappointing as the rest of the machine and cabinetry are first rate.
The belt on the feed head took some time to get it to track. The casters that come with the unit are very cheep and the locks on them don't work at all. the assembly was very easy. It is very useful to have someone to help put the sander head on the base. after the first belt change the rest went very easy. [...]. All and all I like the sander very much and am glad i went for the 22-44 size.