TransFast - Homestead Transfast Dye Powder, Early American Maple
Developed by renowned furniture restorer and finisher Jeff Jewitt, these TransFast water-soluble powder dyes outperform any we have tried. Because the dyes contain no fillers or extenders, each 1...
You May Also Like
Item 123823Model 3262
Item 123822Model 3275
Item 123828Model 3274
Item 123825Model 3263
- Water-soluble concentrated early American maple dye in powder form
- Mixed with water, it is nonflammable, zero-VOC, and low odor
- TransFast powdered dyes are very economical and safe to use
- Can be topcoated with any finishing material
- Indefinite shelf life as long as kept in a cool, dry area
Instructions / MSDS
Easy to use
I used this with curly maple to make the "curly" grain pop. Which it did nicely. The dye being transparent gives depth overall to the grain. I only needed a small amount so I mixed it with just two ounces of distilled water. I used a very small spoon and wrote down how many spoonful of dye per ounces of water, so I can repeat the color mix again. It mixes well and I store the leftover mix in a baby jar for later. When I first applied it to the wood it was a little too dark, so I wiped the wood down with a wet rag to get it more to my liking. Since it is water and not alcohol you have plenty of time to work with it before it starts to dry. It will look muddy when dry, but the top coat of finish (I used a tung oil-varnish mix) brings it back to it's wet look.