Homestead Transfast Dye Powder, Dark Red Mahogany
Developed by renowned furniture restorer and finisher Jeff Jewitt, these water soluble dyes outperform any we have tried. Because the dyes contain no fillers or extenders, each 1 oz. bottle makes a...
- Water-soluble concentrated dark red mahogany dye in powder form
- Mixed with water, it is nonflammable, zero-VOC, and low odor
- Very economical and safe to use
- Can be topcoated with any finishing material
- Indefinite shelf life as long as kept in a cool, dry area
Instructions / MSDS
This dye is great on carved smoking pipes because it has a water base and will not cause harm, but that means raising the wood with some water and sanding it first before using it. I bought "Dark Red Mahogany" and the color is beautiful! And the darkness can be adjusted by the amount bof water added.