Harvey Supply - Harvey T40 Turbo Bench Lathe with Legs
Flat Shipping Fee of $99.00
The T-40 Turbo Bench Lathe is a one-of-a-kind lathe that redefines the performance standard for wood lathes. It is based on the design of Harvey Industries’ successful industrial-duty floor lathes....
Item 862951Model 1792020
Item 854112Model 1794224K
Item 861606Model 719400K
Woodturning places a lathe under a dynamic cutting load, which creates great challenges to the spindle drive system to catch up with widely varying torque demands. Most lathes on the market that utilize AC or DC motors cannot fully handle this challenge; they either fail to provide enough torque (resulting in a slower speed) or respond too slowly to the torque changes.
Harvey’s T-40 unprecedentedly incorporates an industrial Servo Motor system as the spindle drive. Servo Motors are normally used on metalworking machining centers, which is a totally different league from AC or DC motors for woodworking.
The following features of the Servo Motor create great value for your woodturning:
• Up to 300% over loading capacity. That means the T-40 can literally provide 3 HP peak power or an incredible 12.54 N.M of peak torque when needed. So it can handle almost every kind of tough cut.
• 2-micro second response speed to load change (AC or DC motors need 200-300 micro seconds to respond), which means the T-40 can simultaneously follow your dynamic cuts with marvelous speed consistency.
• Servo Motor is very compact in size (high efficiency with very little vibration).
These outstanding features solve many of the complaints about a bench lathe and make the T-40 a dream lathe for turners.
Built with premium grade cast-iron, the T-40 weighs in at a whopping 178 pounds and gives the turner solid performance with a minimum of vibration. Harvey ensures that the castings are precision ground in order to guarantee accurate alignment.
The T-40 is powered by a 220V Industrial Servo Motor and offers variable-speed turning. Choose from either the low speed range of 60-2800 RPM, or the high speed range of 90-4,300 RPM with only one belt change. It has forward and reverse and digital readout for speed seating. The T40 has a 14" over bed capacity (10" over the tool rest) and 24" between the centers. The head also swivels up to 90° for turning larger diameter bowls. The spindle at the heart of the head is forged and ground of steel alloy and is mounted with three bearings. It has a 1-1/4" x 8 thread, 1/2" through hole and is a #2 Morse taper. There is also a 24-point indexing system built in. The tailstock spindle is 1-1/4" in diameter with a 3/8" through hole and 4" travel.
The T-40 also comes with a 12" tool rest (1" shaft) with hardened edge for longevity, a 3" faceplate, spur and live centers, a knockout bar and a two-year warranty.
All in all, this lathe will meet any challenge that you can throw at it. Legs now included at no additional cost.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships via ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Powerful, Versatile, Compact and Pretty
I'm not a seasoned turner but I've turned enough to know what I wanted in a lathe and this one met all of my needs. I looked at a lot of lathes before making this purchase. I wanted something powerful enough to turn small bowls with a rotating head stock and versatile enough to rotate in both directions at any speed. Again, this one did it all. It's heavy with the cast iron legs attached but not so cumbersome that you can't put it on some dollies and move it around the shop. All of the included accessories are heavy duty and well made. I had a couple of issues at first and I contacted tech support and they were GREAT! They got my problem solved and they made me feel at ease with my purchase since they were so accessible and knowledgeable.