Groz - 10-1/2" Quick Release Woodworking Vise with Quick Adjustment Trigger
Manufactured from close-grained grey cast iron, this robust vise has accurately machined housings for smooth sliding and true parallel action, free of side or cross movement. Vise jaws are equipped...
Item 144844Model 39007
Item 144845Model 39009
- 10-1/2" Width, 15" Opening
- Includes an adjustable front dog made from a special high strength plastic.
- Installs 2-7/8” below the bench surface.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Groz allows returns within 30 days of receipt of goods. Item must be in new/resalable condition and is subject to a 10% restocking fee. Customer is responsible for return freight. Contact Woodcraft Customer Service at 800-535-4482 for return assistance.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
Groz warranties their items for one year against manufacturer's defects. If you have a warranty issue, please contact Woodcraft Customer Service at 800-535-4482.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Great vise for the price
Substantial good looking vice for the money. Though it took 3 months to arrive! I like the design, feel and generous capacity. The back plate is threaded so that the back jaw-liner can be secured from the front (after the base & spacer block have been mounted). I used "T"-nuts on the 1/2" and 3/8" bolts used to secure the base. (tacomascrew.com) Had some issues during installation. 1) The top edge/surface of the plates were not square with the base -- off 3/32" across the 10 1/2" of the plates. Solved by taking some wood off the right side of the spacer block. 2) The base really needs to be separated to reduce the weight while fitting to the bottom of the bench. 3) The quick-release spring needs to be secured under load in order to reassemble. 4) There is no user manual, so you need to pay attention to how the quick-release block is configured.
The vice met all of my expectations
I use it for building small sculptures. I like the fact that it opens 15 inches