Goncalo Alves - 3/8" x 3" x 24"
Goncalo Alves (Astronium graveolens) is a medium reddish-brown with irregularly spaced streaks of dark brown to black. The color will darken with age, and the color variations on a board can often be dramatic. Grain can be straight, but is usually wavy or interlocked. Fine, uniform...
- Sometimes referred to as Tigerwood or Jobillo
- Has superb stiffness, strength, hardness, and durability
- Turns and finishes well
- Native to Mexico and also found commonly in Brazil
- Thickness: 3/8"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- Goncalo Alves - 3/8" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Not much like the image...
This was the first piece of any wood I've ordered in which I was disappointed. The color was more like mahogany and it had almost no figure. I have a large chunk of Goncalo Alves I had bought at a local Woodcraft store which was very much like the color and figure in the images here, so I was expecting more.