Wood Stain - Oil Based - Candlelight - Quart
Only the finest oils, resins and pigments are used by General Finishes® to produce stains so rich in color and so easy to use that magazines and woodworkers have been extolling their excellence for over 40 years. Stains may be applied by clean cloth (please dispose of responsibly),...
- Traditional liquid wiping stain ideal for any wood surface
- Penetrates the grain of the wood to promote uniform acceptance of stain
- Prevents streaking and blotching to help ensure a beautiful, even stain
- May be applied by clean cloth
- Clean up with mineral spirits
- Color: Candlelight
- Size: Quart
- Type: Oil based pigmented wood stain
- Interior/Exterior Use: Rated for interior use only
- Coats: 1+ coats (additional coats can deepen the color of the stain)
- Recommended Use: Interior raw wood surfaces such as cabinets, trim, doors and furniture
- Application Method: Brush, wipe on with clean rag, pad applicator
- Clean-Up: Mineral Spirits
- VOC: <550 g/L
- Coverage: 180-200 sq.ft.
- Ideal Drying Conditions: 70° F and 50% humidity, out of direct sunlight, with good air movement
- Dry Time - Touch: 8+ hours
- Dry Time - Recoat: 24+ hours
- Dry Time - Recoat - Applied Over Water Based Product: 72 hr
- (1) General Finishes - Wood Stain - Oil Based - Candlelight - Quart
Instructions / MSDS
General Oil Stain
I apply this finish with a cotton cloth (old t-shirt, rags, etc.). It goes on smooth and the color is consistent throughout. I am a weekend woodworker and don't have a lot of experience with a variety of finishes but have tried a few and keep coming back to General Finishes. I feel they are one of the best and easiest to apply for me.
Wouldn't use anything else.
Great stain. Recently my violin making Grandfather borrowed some from me because he couldn't get an even stain on curly maple...this worked, as I knew it would.