Gaboon Ebony - 3/4" x 3/4" x 6"
Gaboon Ebony (Diospyros spp.) heartwood is usually jet black with little or no variation or visible grain. Occasionally dark brown or grayish-brown streaks may be present. Ebony has a fine texture with mostly straight grain. This wood can be difficult to work due to its extremely high...
- Great for knobs, pulls, inlays and accents in cabinetry
- Straight grain, high density and durable
- Excellent turning wood, finishes to a high luster
- Native to Africa
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3/4"
- Length: 6"
- (1) Gaboon Ebony - 3/4" x 3/4" x 6" - Wood Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 838480
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 152943