RS 2 E Plus Orbital Sander
Woodcraft is the Nation’s Largest Full-Line Dealer of Festool Tools & Accessories!
The large 4-1/2" x 9" sanding surface and a 3/32" sanding stroke makes the RS 2 the perfect choice for fine sanding large surfaces. Typical applications include intermediate sanding of varnished doors, leveling large surfaces, and fine sanding of delicate stock. An additional ergonomic...
- Vibration-Stop - Balanced design delivers better finish results, smooth operation and greater comfort
- Lockable Trigger - Lockable trigger allows you to concentrate on sanding rather than operating the trigger.
- Optimum Sanding Stroke - A tight sanding stroke for efficient sanding action for intermediate and fine sanding.
- Variable Speed Control - Step-less speed control allows you to adjust to the needs of the application
- Integrated Dust Extraction - Pads are designed to efficiently channel dust through the rear port
- Orbital Sanding Motion - Full pad contact with controlled and fine orbital sanding motion to minimize swirl marks and produce smoother surfaces.
- Versatile Abrasive Options – Works with standard ½ sheet abrasives or StickFix hook & loop abrasives.
- Power Consumption: 300 watts / 2.75 amps 120 v AC
- Pad Size: 4-1/2" x 9”
- Speed: 4,000-10,000 opm
- Sanding Stroke: 3/32”
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.
Smooth sanding on large projects
I purchased this at my local Woodcraft store on sale. (Just kidding). I have almost all the Festool sanders and at first could not figure out where this fit in to the scheme of things. I found that it is perfect for the smooth sanding of large workpieces. It is a big, powerful sander but you would never know it. It is extremely quiet and easy to control. The challenge mentally is to use it in a straight line with the grain. I am used to Festool other Rotex sanders that can be used in any direction. You can use any brand of sandpaper that very easily clips on to the tool or you can use Festool's stick-fix paper. If you want to perforate regular sandpaper for dust collection, you have to buy the template and special sanding pad. If you use stick-fix paper it only comes in rather large quantities. Stocking up on a few grits can cost literally hundreds of dollars. I think this sander is best suited to the higher grits so I may not need that much.
Rotex RO 125 FEQ-Plus Random Orbital Sander in systainer³Item 576032
Detail Sander, Model OZI 115/EItem 822521
ETS 125 REQ Random Orbital Sander in systainer³Item 576070
Planex Drywall Sander LHS 2 225 EQI-PlusItem 575994
RTS 400 REQ-PLUS Orbital Sander in systainer³Item 576054
Deros 6" DC Compact RO Sander, 5mm OrbitItem 160326
Porter CableItem 847192
6" Brushless Sander Model ETS EC 150/5 EQ-Plus, Multi-Jetstream 2, in Systainer³Item 576339
5" Variable Speed Random Orbit SanderItem 857753
ETS EC 125/3 EQ-Plus Sander in systainer³Item 576340