Dumas Products Inc
F4U Corsair Airplane Model Kit
Dumas Products® presents the Model 213 F4U Corsair, a walnut scale plane kit easy enough for the beginner but with over 70 laser cut parts and a 17-1/2" wingspan, it will impress the more experienced builder. The excellent quality of the parts is just one of the many reasons that...
- Laser cut parts ensure a precise fit
- Comprehensive plans with step-by-step instructions
- For the beginner to the more experienced builder
- Color peel and stick decals
- 5" Plastic propeller
- F.A.I. Tan II rubber
- Vacuum molded parts
- Light weight colored tissue
- Overall Length: 13-1/2"
- Wingspan: 17-1/2"
- Pieces: 70
- (1) F4U Corsair Model Airplane Kit
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Don't do it
Did not realize how much work this would actually be. It's been over a month and the delay is due to the constant gluing and drying required to get this thing made. Using balsa wood in the tiny sizes involved here is definitely not for anybody with big hands. The directions are terrible and even though there is a blueprint available with all the parts shown together, there is still room for interpretation that is not for the faint of heart. Balsa is a terrible material to work with as it breaks very easily and blows off the table if you even breathe on it. I used to be a model builder as a kid and this would have made me crazy if I weren't already retired and had some time on my hands. The instructions are circa 2007 and have obviously never been updated for all the flaws people like me may have found since then. It was very unsatisfying to spend all this money and then wind up with a crappy looking piece of work because I don't have the fingers, the eyes or the temperament of a neurosurgeon.