Ebony, Macassar - 3/8" x 3" x 24"
Macassar Ebony (Diospyros celebica) has a dramatic striped appearance, somewhat similar to zebrawood, that is dark brown to black heartwood with contrasting bands of yellow to golden brown. Very hard, dense, and heavy, it can be very brittle at its heart. It has a dulling effect on...
- Striped appearance
- Fine texture
- Takes all stains and finishes equally well, it looks wonderfully lustrous under a clear penetrating oil
- Native to Southeast Asia
- Thickness: 3/8"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Macassar Ebony - 3/8" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158298