Chef’s 101-Layer German Damascus Steel Knife Blank 9-1/2" L x 3/32" T (240mm x 2.5mm)
A chef’s knife is a cook’s most valuable tool in the kitchen because of its versatility – it can be used for slicing, dicing, and much more. Make your own custom 9-1/2" ZHEN 101-Layer German...
You May Also Like
ZHEN’s 101-Layer German Damascus Steel is forged in Germany and then imported to Taiwan where it is shaped, sharpened and finished. The blade is constructed by forge welding 50 layers of 410 Martensitic Stainless Steel per side around a single core layer of 1.4125 Martensitic Stainless Steel for a total of 101 layers with a final hardness of HRC60-62, which provides high strength, hardness, and wear resistance. In other words this is an extremely high quality professional blade.
Each blade has its own unique pattern on its surface and an edge that remains extremely sharp over an extended period of time. Designed with the professional cook in mind, this knife makes a great gift for the cook in your family. Hone your blade with a steel or ceramic rod weekly to keep it sharp. We recommend sharpening your blade with a whetstone at an angle of 15° per side. Blade length is 9-1/2", with an overall length of 14-5/16". Knife blank comes with 4 sets of stainless steel rivets.
• Hand wash your blades with gentle dish soap, rinse clean and towel dry immediately
• Knife blade blank ONLY; handle material sold separately
• Customize your knife blade by choosing from myriad woods to make the handle yourself
• Total of 101 layers of German Damascus steel
• Rockwell hardness of HRC60-62
• High wear resistance; maintains an extremely sharp edge for a long period of time
Handle material is sold separately. Mosaic pin stock sold separately.
CAUTION: DO NOT chop bone or use this knife on a hard surface like a glass cutting board, tile, or granite.