Item 153999Model Chakte Viga 3/4x3x24
Woodcraft Woodshop - Chakte Viga 3/4" x 3" x 24"
In Stock check in-store availability
Save 40% Now Through August 31, 2021
Item 841484Model 841484
Chakte Viga (Caesalpinia platyloba) is a moderately hard wood with a nice orange color that darkens with time and often is strongly iridescent. Despite its high density, Chakte Viga's often straight grain responds well to machining with both hand and power tools, though sometimes interlocked grain can result in tearout. It's fine, even texture with a good natural luster makes Chakte Viga an excellent stock for pool cues and furniture spindles. Additional uses may include: inlays, furniture, flooring, and other small specialty wood turning projects.
- Turns light when fresh cut, but turns orange again soon
- Also known as Mexican Pernambuco, Paela, or Aripin
- Turns, glues, and finishes well
- Native to Central America
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Chakte Viga 3/4" x 3" x 24" Dimensional Wood
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.