Carving the Elk
Open this book and treat yourself to a new carving subject: the majestic elk. The adult male elk stands roughly five feet high at the shoulder, weighs nearly eleven hundred pounds and can run at...
Open this book and treat yourself to a new carving subject: the majestic elk. The adult male elk stands roughly five feet high at the shoulder, weighs nearly eleven hundred pounds and can run at speeds up to thirty-five miles per hour. Dale Power captures this powerful animal perfectly with the assistance of his trusty power carving tools. Discover all the techniques you'll need to "capture" a realistic looking elk of your own in wood from this book. Step-by-step instructions make carving the elk, with a combination of hand and power tools, an easy task.
- Over 250 color photographs illustrating each tip and technique
- Examples of methods for changing the elk’s positioning
- How to use wood burning techniques for the hair pattern, and painting in natural colors
- Two different elk patterns
- A color gallery full of finished pieces for added inspiration
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details.