Carving Award-Winning Songbirds
In Carving Award-Winning Songbirds, you will take a seat at the workbench of Lori Corbett as she reveals the tricks of the trade while guiding you through the entire process of creating beautiful and lifelike songbirds. Carving projects feature three unique songbirds: the Mountain...
In Carving Award-Winning Songbirds, you will take a seat at the workbench of Lori Corbett as she reveals the tricks of the trade while guiding you through the entire process of creating beautiful and lifelike songbirds. Carving projects feature three unique songbirds: the Mountain Bluebird, Cedar Waxwing and Red-breasted Nuthatch. Projects include detailed step-by-step instructions to help build your carving and painting skills, including tools and materials, bird anatomy, texturing feathers, building legs and feet, planning dramatic poses, painting and much more. Whether you’re looking to carve your first songbird or to elevate your songbird carving skills to a championship level, this complete reference will provide all the expert guidance necessary to succeed.
Author Lori Corbett is an award-winning bird carver and a carving instructor. She has been carving since 1986 and has bird sculptures in numerous private collections throughout the USA. She is a contributor to Wood Carving Illustrated.
- Three unique songbirds featured: Mountain Bluebird, Cedar Waxwing, and Red-breasted Nuthatch
- Reference information and notes on the natural history, anatomy, behavior and habitat of each songbird
- A rare firsthand look inside the author’s sketchbook offering notes on proper design
- Tips for planning dramatic poses
- Paint mixing charts
- Inspiring full-color photos of the finished carving
- 850 color photos and 100 black and white illustrations
- Cover Style: Softcover
- Product Size: 8-1/2" × 11"
- Page Count: 256 pages
- ISBN: 9781565231825
- Publisher: Fox Chapel Publishing
- (1) Carving Award-Winning Songbirds by Lori Corbett
Fox ChapelItem 184208