Cabinetmaker's Chisel, 1/2"
The cabinetmaker's chisel features classic octagonal boxwood handles - the old favorites of yesteryear's discerning craftsmen. The unique "London pattern" of handle with turned finger contours,...
- Made in Sheffield, England
- Classic octagonal boxwood handle
- Leather "anti-shock" washer between bolster and handle
- Finely machined bevel-edged blade
- Each chisel is individually inspected and hardness tested
Very well made.
The sharp edges were well protected with fitted plastic covers.
A very fine chisel
I bought two of these, a 1/4" and a 1/2". They kind of just sat in the package for quite awhile until I needed to use them this weekend. I honed them to a mirror finish and razor sharpness and I must say that they are probably as good as anyone would ever need. They retain an edge very well and if you keep them honed, you will have great pleasure in using them.