Blue Hills Press
Build Better Boxes - 10 Projects to Improve Design & Technique
In Build Better Boxes, readers will learn secrets for successful box making from author Matt Kenney, who has been building boxes for 20 years. He uses step-by-step photos to walk readers through the process of creating 10 beautiful designs from scratch. You’ll begin with a few simple,...
Throughout all of the projects, Kenney emphasizes good design and demonstrates several unique design elements that he’s developed, like pulls wrapped in thread, fabric lined bottoms, and grouping individual boxes to create a single piece of furniture. Build Better Boxes is more than a set of instructions for 10 boxes. In the course of building these designs, you will gain a thorough understanding of key woodworking and design concepts—wood movement, grain selection, and proportions—that will help you design and make your own boxes.
- Instructions for building 10 boxes based on designs created from scratch
- Author shares unique design elements he has developed
- Learn key woodworking and design concepts, plus smart joinery techniques
- Projects range from elegant painted boxes to tea cabinets
- Cover Style: Softcover
- Product Size: 8" × 10"
- Page Count: 168 pages
- ISBN: 1951217268
- Publisher: Blue Hills Press
- (1) Build Better Boxes: 10 Projects to Improve Design & Technique
Blue Hills PressItem 186098