Another classic model from Dumas, the Model Boat People. The Brooklyn, built in 1910 and owned by the New York Dock Co.. Steam powered all her career, she was inauspiciously sold for scrap in 1960. She was one of many railroad tugs, designed to transfer railroad cars from one side of New York to the other on barges known as car floats. Railroad tugs almost always towed barges alongside, with one car floating on each side, hence the heavy guards and the use of single posts instead of H-bitts. Railroad tugs were characterized by long houses because there was no need of towing space aft. The Dumas kit of the Brooklyn is designed to give you the salty appearance of the original boat. Not just your average tug, the Brooklyn has the characteristics that set the early tugs apart. You get a vacuum formed hull, all the parts to build the conventional die cut superstructure, and enough details to keep you busy through many a long winter night. If you are one of many who admire the pugnacious spirit of tug boats, then this one is for you.
- Vacuum formed hull and deck
- Parts to build the conventional die cut superstructure
- Laser cut parts
- brass railings and more
- Length 39-182" x Beam 9-1/2"
- Scale: 1/32"
- Skill Level: Advanced
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Dumas Products allow return within 30 days of purchase. Returns must include RMA authorization prior to returning. Please call Woodcraft Customer Service at 1-800/535-4482 All returns are subjected to a 15% restock fee. Kits must be in original condition and packaging. No returns allowed on partially assembled or modified kits
Dumas Products warranty all parts from defects or missing. Call Dumas direct at 520/623-3742