Ebony, Brazilian - 1" x 1" x 12"
Save 40% Now Through October 31, 2021
Brazilian Ebony (Swartzia panacoco) is a hard and durable wood commonly found in South America. The heartwood ranges from an olive-brown to a nearly black color and can have lighter or darker markings that are sharply separated from the sapwood, which is lighter and yellow in...
- A high quality, very strong, durable and attractive wood
- Highly resistant to fungi, dry wood borers and termites
- Texture is usually fine and uniform
- Machines, turns and finishes well
- Brazilian Ebony is native to South America
- Thickness: 1"
- Width: 1"
- Length: 12"
- (1) Brazilian Ebony - 1" x 1" x 12" Dimensioned Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 188550