Woodcraft Woodshop - Bloodwood 3/4" x 3" x 24"
Bloodwood (Brosimum paraense) or "cardinal wood" as it is commonly referred to, is a medium to hard wood with red to crimson color and tight straight interlocking grain. The bright, vivid red color...
Item 839670Model Purpleheart 3/4x4x24
- Popular imported wood species known for being exceptionally hard, durable, strong, and beautiful
- Excellent for turning
- Finishes well leaving an exceptional and lustrous red to crimson surface
- Native to South America
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3/4"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Bloodwood 3/4" x 3" x 24" Dimensional Wood
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Amazing coloration on this Bloodwood
I have worked Bloodwood into many of my recent projects due to it's ability to make items "pop" with contrast. The hardwood in larger thickness' remains true to shape and has not warped or twisted as it seems to have been properly dried prior to arrival. Nice quality wood worth every penny for the impact it makes. Actually is a blood coloration and brings a beautiful red tone to your projects.
wood for project
to be used in segmented vase
I purchased this item to make a set of guitar pickup covers for a customer. The wood is exactly what I expected, excellent quality and very nice color. I will definitely continue to do business with Woodcraft.