Woodcraft Woodshop - Bloodwood 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12"
Bloodwood (Brosimum paraense) or "cardinal wood" as it is commonly referred to, is a medium to hard wood with red to crimson color and tight straight interlocking grain. The bright, vivid red color...
Item 827375Model T26-152
Item 154602Model T13-152
Item 158373Model Canarywood 1.5x12
Item 838090Model Redheart 1.5X1.5X12
Item 842800Model T89-152
Item 159721Model T62-152
Item 150997Model PAR SYC012
Bloodwood (Brosimum paraense) or "cardinal wood" as it is commonly referred to, is a medium to hard wood with red to crimson color and tight straight interlocking grain. The bright, vivid red color can darken to a darker brownish red over time with exposure to light and air. Applying a thick protective finish, and keeping the wood out of direct sunlight can help minimize this color shift. Bloodwood is extremely dense, and may have a blunting effect on cutters. It is used for both trim and accents, as well as larger structural elements in furniture. Additional uses may include: carvings, inlays, guitars, knife handles, and turned objects.
- Popular imported wood species known for being exceptionally hard, durable, strong, and beautiful
- Excellent for turning
- Finishes well leaving an exceptional and lustrous red to crimson surface
- Native to South America
- Thickness: 1-1/2"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 12"
- (1) Bloodwood 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12" Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Good to work with
Love this wood. Turns very well.
I enjoy this wood, It turns and polishes very well to a nice bright color. Great on my small projects.