Bloodwood - 1/8" x 1-1/2" x 16"
Bloodwood (Brosimium paraense) or "cardinal wood" as it is commonly referred to, is a medium to hard wood with red to crimson color and tight straight interlocking grain. The bright, vivid red color can darken to a darker brownish red over time with exposure to light and air. Applying a...
Items You May Need
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158582
3/4" x 5" x 16" Walnut, Maple & Yellowheart Cutting Board KitItem 158774
Bloodwood (Brosimium paraense) or "cardinal wood" as it is commonly referred to, is a medium to hard wood with red to crimson color and tight straight interlocking grain. The bright, vivid red color can darken to a darker brownish red over time with exposure to light and air. Applying a thick protective finish, and keeping the wood out of direct sunlight can help minimize this color shift. Bloodwood is extremely dense, and may have a blunting effect on cutters. It is used for both trim and accents, as well as larger structural elements in furniture. Additional uses may include: case goods, carvings, inlays, guitars, knife handles, and turned objects.
- Popular imported wood species known for being exceptionally hard, durable, strong, and beautiful
- Excellent for turning
- Finishes well leaving an exceptional and lustrous red to crimson surface
- Native to tropical South America
- Thickness: 1/8"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 16"
- (1) Bloodwood - 1/8" x 1-1/2" x 16" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Bloodwood - 1/4" x 1-1/2" x 16"Item 158572
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158588
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158564
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131026
Rosewood, Bolivian - 1/8" x 3" x 24"Item 06A83
Wood Laminating Strips - 1/8" x 7/8" x 24" - Assorted Species - 12 PieceItem 817848
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W05
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W02
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50X75
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158580
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131027
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158897
Gel Stain and Glaze - Water Based - Punk Pink - 4 ozItem 870752
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W52
Router Table System with Cast Iron Table - JRL-912Item 424384
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131029