African Blackwood - 1" x 1" x 12"
Save 40% - Limited Quantities!
African Blackwood (Dalbergia melanoxylon) is purplish black to dark brown with black streaks. The grain is mostly straight with a fine texture. A firm, heavy wood with exceptionally good working qualities. Cuts very smoothly and evenly, taking an excellent finish directly from the tool....
- Considered one of the best woods in the world for turning
- Very hard, dense, stable wood
- A member of the Rosewood family
- Good natural luster, finishes well
- Native to the dry savanna regions of central and southern Africa
- Thickness: 1"
- Width: 1"
- Length: 12"
- (1) African Blackwood - 1" x 1" x 12" - Wood Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 838037
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158269