Basswood - 3/4" x 7" x 10"
Basswood (Tilia americana) is fine, straight grain material with an even texture and little contrast between early and late wood. Creamy white in color and lighter in weight than the related European Lime. Easy to work, being very soft and light. Perhaps one of the most suitable wood...
- Holds detail very well and permits excellent control
- Chip Carving Practice Board
- Ideal for a wide variety of hobby, craft and small projects
- Excellent choice for novice wood burners or "Pyrography"
- Native to USA and Canada
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 7"
- Length: 10"
- (1) Basswood - 3/4" x 7" x 10" Wood Carving Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Good Clean Wood easy to carve and use
Nice soft wood, cuts easy, nice to use for carving. Resaws easily too. Stains even and finishes nicely.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W71
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131143
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W74
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W72
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W73
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W78
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 125371
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W77
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W70
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 125372