Baltic Birch Plywood - 3/8" (9 mm) x 24" x 30"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 3/8" (9 mm)
- Width: 24"
- Length: 30"
- 3/8" Baltic Birch Plywood has 7 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 3/8" (9 mm) x 24" x 30"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
I don't know how I missed it or it developed during transport home, but the 3/8 plywood I purchased was very warped and not flat when I got home. My hands were full in the store, so maybe I didn't check it closely enough, but it came out of the upright rack with others and seemed fine. Temps were about 30-35F and it was in my trunk. Unfortunately, I live 45 min. away so it's not worth my trip back. Check carefully. The whole idea of using Baltic birch plywood is for the quality and flat structure.
All of my plywood is from Woodcraft
I am building a "antique oak ice box". The birch plywood works great as insert's for the door's and side panels.
Fantastic birch that no one else carries
This large size baltic birch was large enough for what I wanted with left overs for other projects. A nice finish with few knots or other defects.
great product/price for that size
this is a great plywood its straight very strong and flat perfect for any project,and priced right