Baltic Birch Plywood - 3/4" (18 mm) x 30" x 48"
This item has an additional shipping charge
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 3/4" (18 mm)
- Width: 30"
- Length: 48"
- 3/4" Baltic Birch Plywood has 13 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 3/4" (18 mm) x 30" x 48"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
Flashback to this 2017 project by Woodcraft employees to create a fun experience for their corporate Halloween Trunk or Treaters. Check out their Pumpkin Stack Growth Chart - a stack of nearly-toppling pumpkins and a slinky black cat with measurement markings along the side.
I built a new mobile base for the jointer in our shop and it was super easy.
Inadequate shipment packing
The size was stated as 3/4 thickness but was really 11/16. sizes were stated as nominal + or - 1/8th but I didn't think it would happen with plywood. Anyone needing an exact size thickness beware !!. The corners were not protected well at all and were damaged in shipment resulting in loss of valuable material. Still, all in all a nice material.
I like the product
The wood seemed a little soft when compared with American fir plywood.It is attractive when finished. I like the appearance of many plys which is really why I purchased it.
Baltic Birch Plywood shipping problem
Needs better shipping protection on the corners. Damaged corners caused unwanted waste.