Angelique - 3/4" x 1-1/2" x 16"
Angelique (Dicorynia guianensis) heartwood is reddish to brown and shows wide purplish band. It has a straight grain and medium texture. It weathers well and is resistant to fungi and insect attack. A very hard wood, Angelique can be worked effectively with carbide-tipped tools. The...
- Reddish-brown color with
- Durable, very hard wood that can be used as a teak substitute
- Finishes smoothly and glues moderately well
- Native to Surinam and Guyana
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 16"
- (1) Angelique - 3/4" x 1-1/2" x 16" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.