For thousands of years, the acanthus leaf as a motif has spread through the realms of architecture, decorative items, furniture, marine carvings, signs, and frames. While this decorative element is...
For thousands of years, the acanthus leaf as a motif has spread through the realms of architecture, decorative items, furniture, marine carvings, signs, and frames. While this decorative element is ubiquitous, until now no one has bothered to describe in writing the process of creating it in detail.
Learn to carve that pervasive design, the acanthus, with this book full of 254 detailed color photos, 168 line drawings, and step-by-step instructions. You will be taught how to draw and transfer patterns, about wood preparation, tool sharpening, carving and detailing, and even finishing. There is also a gallery of finished examples for further inspiration. This book is a must for every wood carver who wishes to add classical detailing to any project.
- Two projects are presented: a breadboard and pierced panel
- A glossary of technical terms is provided for better understanding and assistance
- Finished acanthus examples are also in a gallery for inspiration
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
If you have a return issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details.