Woodcraft Franchise Program
Woodcraft Franchise Opportunity - Why Woodcraft?
- A proven concept – Operated 28 corporately owned stores prior to entering franchising
- Woodcraft has the largest network of woodworking stores nationwide
- Strength in the brand and name – Associated with quality
- Access to existing customer base
- Distribution – Access to over 10,000 products
- Woodcraft store is a “destination” shopping experience – Average travel distance of 20 miles
When you think about owning your own business, what do you think of?
If you have a passion for working with wood, and want to have your own business, the Woodcraft franchise program may be exactly right for you.
Carve a niche for yourself in woodworking with a Woodcraft retail store. It is difficult to overstate the importance of a brand name with a reputation for quality. The Woodcraft name is a tremendous asset. If you are a woodworker, you already know what we mean.
Fast food, convenience stores, and general merchandise franchises can be very popular businesses, but customers can easily go elsewhere. In the woodworking business, a certain percentage of buyers want the variety, the educational opportunities, and the product quality that they can only find at a Woodcraft retail store. Woodcraft retail stores are already operating in many locations around the country, especially since the advent of our franchising program. Now, after more than 80 years, the Woodcraft name is even more recognizable than at any other time in our history. Are you seriously looking for a franchise opportunity? Are you passionate about woodworking? Would you like to consider opening a store in your area?
Franchising Since: 1997
Franchised Units: 66
Company Owned Units: 10
Initial Franchise Fee: $50,000
Royalty/Service Fee: 5% of gross revenues
Est. Total Initial Investment: $500,000+ Turnkey
Minimum Market Population Required: 350,000 (20 mile radius)
Minimum Required Worth: $750,000
Minimum Liquid Assets: $200,000
Woodcraft Provides A Complete System To Franchisees Which Covers The Following Areas:
- Assistance with the site selection and development
- Assistance in securing required equipment, fixtures, supplies and initial inventory
- Detailed information pertaining to the hiring of a quality staff
- A POS system and operations guidebook to cover all day-to-day activity in the store
- Training at the corporate office with additional on-site setup and merchandising
- Access to an extensive list of classes, seminars and demos for store’s educational program
- Marketing support in multiple areas with special focus on the “core” marketing programs
- Continual flow of new and innovative products selected by our Product Development Team
- Support for local marketing programs and events
- Clear expectations on sales practices, customer service and product knowledge
Ongoing support through our Regional Field Consultants, as well as the
entire retail support staff, whose members have many years of experience
in retail operations, sales and marketing