Santoku Knife for Mincing Slicing and Dicing Vegetables - 9-5/16" - AUS 10 - Unfinished Kit
Santoku Chopping Knife is excellent for slicing and downward push cuts. The best use of this knife however is for chopping by utilizing the deep belly of this knife allows for a beautiful rocking action making the chore of chopping a breeze. ZHEN AUS 10 Knife Kits are constructed from...
Items You May Need
Knife Handle Pilot Drill & Counterbore BitItem 153927
Quick Cure 5 - 5-Minute Epoxy Adhesive - 1.6 oz CartridgeItem 159190As Low As $14.39
Gaboon Ebony Knife Scales - 3/8" x 1-1/2" x 5" - PairItem 160088
Blade Pro Epoxy Adhesive - 4 ozItem 175942
Blade Pro Epoxy Adhesive - 16 ozItem 175943
Acrylic Honeycomb Knife Scales - 3/8" x 2" x 5" - Red - PairItem 176138As Low As $21.24
Acrylic Knife Scales - 3/8" x 1-1/2" x 6" - Pink Pearl - PairItem 179190
ZHEN AUS 10 Knife Kits are constructed from three layers of AUS 10 steel (HRC59-61) forged together to form a refined grain structure that is more wear resistant, much tougher, and has the ability sharpen and maintain a keen edge. AUS-10 Japanese stainless steel has roughly the same carbon content as 440C but with slightly less chromium, so it should be a bit less rust resistant but tougher than traditional 440C. It also competes well with the higher-end steels, like ATS-34 and above. Designed for the chef at heart, these knives would make a great gift for the cook in your family.
- Customize your knife blade by choosing from a myriad of woods to make your handle
- Forged from 3 layers of AUS 10 steel
- Rockwell hardness of 59 -61
- Maintains a keen edge
- Overall Length: 9-15/16"
- Blade Length: 4-3/4"
- Blade Material: AUS-10 Japanese stainless steel
- (1) Blade
- (4) Rivets
- Knife scale / handle material sold separately.
- Hand wash your blades with gentle dish soap, rinse clean and towel dry immediately.
- Hone your blades with a steel or ceramic rod weekly to keep them sharp. We recommend sharpening your blades with a whetstone at an angle of 15°-20°.
- CAUTION: DO NOT chop bone or use this knife on a hard surface like a glass cutting board, tile, or granite.
Instructions / MSDS
Santoku Knife for Mincing Slicing and Dicing Vegetables - 9-5/16" - Damascus - Unfinished KitItem 153654
Chef Knife for Cutting Fruits Vegetables and Meat - 8-1/4" - AUS 10 - Unfinished KitItem 159204
Chef Knife for Cutting Fruits Vegetables and Meat - 12-3/4" - Damascus - Unfinished KitItem 153653
Paring Knife for Peeling Slicing Coring Fruits and Vegetables - 7-11/16" - Damascus - Unfinished KitItem 153655
Steak Knife Set for Cutting Steak and Other Meats - 9-3/16" - SS - Unfinished Kit - 6 PieceItem 172796
Chef Knife for Cutting Fruits Vegetables and Meat - 9-5/8" - O1 Steel - Unfinished KitItem 158787