UHMW Sheet - 1/4" Thick
This item has an additional shipping charge
These sheets have a non-stick, low friction, durable surface that results in the smoothest possible action when used in homemade or factory original jigs, fixtures, and fences. Piedmont Plastics Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) material is a tough, heavy, dense plastic with...
- UHMW provides the smoothest possible action when used in homemade or factory original jigs, fixtures, and fences
- Easily machined with carbide saw blades and carbide router bits
- Great for table saw runners and router templates
- Material: UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight)
- Nominal Thickness: 1/4"
- Nominal Width: 4"
- Nominal Length: 48"
- Color: White
- (1) UHMW Sheet - 1/4" x 4" x 48"
Table Saw Sled Runners!
Title says it. Used it for runners. There's even some left over for another sled down the line. Added a little paste wax and it slides like butter. Great product!
Does what it should
UHMW is good stuff for many uses. This is just what it claims to be... the good stuff. I used it to make surfaces of a glue-up jig for production work because squeeze-out won't stick to it. I also used it to machine profiled infeed and outfeed fences for my router table. be aware that while flat surfaces tend to be low friction, highly conforming profiles can generate a lot of sliding friction... particularly if trying to slide UHMW past matching UHMW!