Tried & True Wood Finish
Original Wood Finish - Oil Based - Quart
Sometimes the old ways of finishing are the best. Tried & True® Original Wood Finish is a highly polymerized linseed oil combined with beeswax. A premium oil finish from a 19th-century recipe that is 100% solids and solvent free. It dries to a fine finish reminiscent of the patina...
Sometimes the old ways of finishing are the best. Tried & True® Original Wood Finish is a highly polymerized linseed oil combined with beeswax. A premium oil finish from a 19th-century recipe that is 100% solids and solvent free. It dries to a fine finish reminiscent of the patina of well-cared-for antique furniture, yet it is durable and easy to use.
Use to revive any existing finish such as those found on doors and windows, paneling and furniture. This unique finish is safe for cutting boards, toys, and children's furniture. It complies with the FDA regulations (FDA 21 Sec. 175.300) as "safe for food contact surfaces." We have tried this in our shop. We are very impressed with both the ease of application and the quality of the finish.
- General purpose wood finish
- 100% solids with no solvents or heavy metal driers
- Shines without appearing glossy
- Excellent coating for all interior woodwork
- Hardens and becomes more durable as it ages
- Size: Quart
- Type: Polymerized linseed oil and beeswax oil finish
- Interior/Exterior Use: recommended for indoor use only
- Coats: 1+ (additional coats will deepen the shine and increase protection of the finish, but do not apply more than three coats)
- Recommended Use: use on bare wood or to revive an already-stained piece to achieve a lower-gloss, antique sheen while providing long-lasting durability
- Application Method: apply with a lint-free cloth at room temperature (do not use a brush to apply)
- Coverage: up to 250 sq.ft.
- VOC: Zero
- (1) Tried & True - Original Wood Finish - Oil Based - Quart
Instructions / MSDS
Great product !!
I was unsure about purchasing this finish for my handcrafted beautility wood items, but am pleasantly pleased with how it shows off the wood grain. I will continue to use this for my finish.
Excellent product, easy to use, looks gr
I have used it on Jewelry boxes, bookcases and breadboards, both hard and softwoods. May have to reapply over time, but the more you rub the wood the better it looks
I would buy this product again and again
All around great product.
Good green product for wood finishing on cabinets, trim, doors, etc. Does require 2-3 coats, must dry between coats. Has great natural look on wood.
This stuff is grrrreat!
This product is awesome. Unlike poly finishes which completely "cover" the wood, Tried and True Wood Finish (original) gives the wood a very durable protection from moisture and allows you to "feel" the wood.