T-4 Water Cooled Sharpening System
The Tormek® T-4 is a second generation compact sharpening machine. Unlike the previous T-3, all the vital functions of the T-4 – including the motor, main shaft and mounting supports for the Universal Tool Support – are now integrated in a zinc casting. The result is a significant...
- High quality and compact sharpening machine, ideal for home and hobby work as well as professional use
- Vital functions integrated in a zinc casting for improved stability and precision
- Functions as grinder and sharpening machine
- Handle makes the machine easy to move and position
- Product Width: 9-7/16" (240 mm)
- Product Depth: 8-1/16" (205 mm)
- Product Height: 10-1/4" (260 mm).
- Weight (Machine Only): 17.6 lb (8 kg)
- Grindstone: Tormek Original Grindstone - 120 RPM, torque 8.4 Nm
- Grindstone Material: Aluminium oxide
- Grindstone Dimensions: 8" x 1-5/8" (200 x 40 mm)
- Leather Honing Wheel: 5-3/4" x 1" (145 x 26 mm)
- Main Shaft: Stainless steel and stone hardware. EzyLock in composite.
- Housing: Zinc cast top, impact resistant ABS plastic
- Motor: Industrial single phase, 120W (input), 230V, 50 Hz or 115V, 60 Hz, Duty 30 min/hour, maintenance free, silent running, 54 dB, 10,000 hour life
- (1) Tormek - T-4 Water Cooled Sharpening System is supplied with the following:
- (1) Stone Grader (SP-650)
- (1) Angle master (WM-200)
- (1) Honing Compound (PA-70)
- (1) Owner’s Handbook (HB-10)
- (1) Instructional DVD.
I used this to put a perfect edge on my knives. Works really well. The stone moves slowly, stays cool, and you never have to worry about taking to much steel off your knives. I'm not sure what advantages the T-7 offers over this, but for the money, I'd call this a good value.