Soy Gel Paint and Urethane Stripper - Gallon
SOY-Gel™ — effective, effortless, and odorless coating removal—is the result of Franmar Chemical’s 25-year investment in developing effective, economical and safe cleaning solutions from soybeans and natural elements. Stripping the old finish or paint is a job no one likes, and it is...
SOY-Gel™ — effective, effortless, and odorless coating removal—is the result of Franmar Chemical’s 25-year investment in developing effective, economical and safe cleaning solutions from soybeans and natural elements. Stripping the old finish or paint is a job no one likes, and it is usually done outside in old clothes—with heavy gloves. The paint removers of a generation ago worked but weren’t very friendly or safe. SOY-Gel™ is different. Why? It is 100% biodegradable, has no known health hazards, is virtually odorless, and best of all, it works. You should still wear the old clothes and gloves, but you can put the respirator away.
- Removes paints, urethanes, enamels, sealers, lead paint and many other coatings
- Gel formula for easy application
- Non-caustic and biodegradable
- Effective, effortless and odorless
- Safe, contains no Methylene Chloride
- Removes multiple layers with one application
- Made with 100% American-grown soybeans
- Size: Gallon
- Type: Paint stripper
- Appearance: Gold/yellow color, heavy viscosity liquid
- Recommended Use: Removal of paints and coatings on brick, masonry, wood and metal
- Application Method: Apply a thick layer by brushing, pouring or with a commercial sprayer; use a scraper to check if the coating is softened down to the surface adn remove when completely softened
- Horizontal Coverage: 125 sq.ft.
- Vertical Coverage: 75 sq.ft.
- VOC: 579 g/L
- (1) Franmar Chemical - Soy Gel Paint and Urethane Stripper - Gallon
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Forty-five years ago Americans celebrated the first Earth Day to promote creating a healthier environment through the actions of individuals. As billions of citizens around the globe prepare for the 2015 celebration on April 22, Woodcraft is committed to expanding its line of environmentally-friendly products and its promotion of upcycling to reduce waste.
The first time Dwayne Ernest stepped onto a live audience stage was to show 3 examples of refurbishing projects he and his Woodcraft team built for a refurbishing contest sponsored by Sonoran Living Live and his Chandler, AZ Woodcraft Store.
Be ready to enjoy the warm days of spring and summer with an “updated” outdoor dining/living/garden area that is welcoming and efficient. Woodcraft has the tools and supplies you will need, along with helpful advice at your local store and free how-to articles on Woodcraft.com.
I will use this product again!
I used this product to strip 4-7 layers of paint off of wood doors that we are redoing in an old farm house. I tried the strongest paint and varnish stripper I could find at the hardware store and it would not touch the paint on the doors. I did some research on the internet and found this product. I purchased a gallon and it worked great! This is the best earth friendly paint and varnish stripper that I have ever used. Little to no smell and does not harm your skin when using. The lesser amount of paint the faster it worked. I would put this product on the doors in the morning let it set till evening and it took all the layers of paint and varnish off. It also did not dry out when I left it on the door. I also used this product on the old hinges for the doors without harming them. I would recommend this product to any do-it-yourselfer.