Purpleheart - 3/4" x 5" x 36"
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp.) is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. Works to a medium to high luster....
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp.) is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. Works to a medium to high luster. The thinner boards are well-suited for edging, veneering, marquetry, sides for decorative boxes, bending stock and bent laminations, while the thicker boards are ideal for furniture, paneling, cabinet doors, moldings, drawer sides, fine jewelry boxes.
- Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown
- Dimensionally stable hardwood with fairly straight grain
- Works to a medium to high luster
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 3/4”
- Width: 5”
- Length: 36”
- (1) Purpleheart - 3/4" x 5" x 36" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
I ordered this online and I got a very pretty piece of wood - not something full of knots or holes or splinters. It's planed to a glass-like feel. It is heavy, dense, and definitely a hardwood. I might make a cutting board with it, or I might just put it on my desk to look at! Haha I also got a 3-piece set of Padauk, Beli, and Movingue wood; the Purpleheart looks soo pretty next to the grain on the red Padauk and brown Beli.
I bought four boards 3/4" x 5" x 36" , I've used this before and the color is gorgeous, I couldn't pass it pass up with the sale price ! Perfect for making some 5"H x 8"W x 12"L jewelry boxes.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 839671
Maple, Birds-Eye - 3/4" x 5" x 24"Item 127345
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 839670
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153702
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153699
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 06A55
Exotic Cutting Board Kit - 1-1/2" x 9-7/8" x 16" - Brownheart, Maple, Marblewood, Purpleheart & WengeItem 163697
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153701
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 147605
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131562
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131551
10" Bandsaw with Open Stand - 1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V - JWB-10Item 865575
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 06A58
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 131613
Purpleheart - 3/4" x 4" x 18" - 2 PackItem 188155