Woodcraft Woodshop - Purpleheart 3/4" x 4" x 36" Dimensioned Wood
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp). is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a...
Item 153702Model Purpleheart 3/4x3x36
Item 153700Model Purpleheart 3/4x5x36
Item 131551Model Purpleheart 3/4X6X36
Item 131613Model Purpleheart 3/4x4x48
Item 153701Model Purpleheart 3/4x3x24
Item 153699Model Purpleheart 3/4x5x24
Item 166196Model L51-125
Item 166197Model L51-135
Item 166603Model MAC064.36
Item 839670Model Purpleheart 3/4x4x24
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp). is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. The thinner boards are well-suited for edging, veneering, marquetry, sides for decorative boxes, bending stock and bent laminations, while the thicker boards are ideal for furniture, paneling, cabinet doors, moldings, drawer sides, fine jewelry boxes.
- Boards are surfaced four sides.
- Dimensionally stable
- Extremely resistant to decay
- Works to a medium to high luster
- Machines well
- Quality, kiln-dried stock
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 3/4”
- Width: 4”
- Length: 36”
- (1) Purpleheart by the Piece-3/4" Thickness
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- ¼" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.